About the Course
The goal of this curriculum is to level up every IS Officer/Supervisor before the migration to FiWi.
In order to connect the dots and see how everything works together in the kit, training session/round table discussions will be also organized. This course is a pre-requisite to those F2F sessions.
Around approx. 10 hours
By the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Describe what is in the FiWi kit
- Differentiate what’s new in the FiWi Kit compared to the old standard IT Kit
- Explain over TCP, IP addresses, Port numbers, DNS, router configuration, troubleshooting tips and Wi-Fi configuration
- Familiarize with the interface and concepts regarding Windows Server 2019
- Explain the concept of virtualisation, hypervisors and the advantages of such technology
- Explain what is a VLAN and the notion of tagged/untagged port on a managed switch
- Familiarize with the interface and terminology of Fortigate
List of Contents
- Presentation of the FiWi Kit
- Basic Networking
- NextGenT – What is virtualization ?
- Windows Server 2019 crash course
- VLANs – A+ Tutorial
- Fortigate Administration
- A final quiz
- A second quiz post F2F session
HOW TO ENROL
Badge and certificate.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- IS Officers/Supervisors – Mandatory
- Log Field staff – optional