About the Course
Welcome to the E-learning course on PSEC: Patient Support, Education, and Counselling.
This course has been designed for any medical health worker, counsellors, and educators as an introduction to PSEC. It is an inter-sectional training, developed by OCP, OCG and OCB and is open to everyone with an interest in Patient Support Education and Counselling.
A face-to-face PSEC training is also available to learn how to develop and implement PSEC activities for adult and children/adolescent in HIV, Hepatitis, TB & NCD projects, to improve adherence to treatment and retention in care. If you would like to follow this face-to-face training, please contact your manager or your pool manager.
This Course is made up of 8 E-learning modules that are between 20 and 60 minutes long.
Medical health worker, counsellors, and educators.
Badge available upon completion of e-learning modules.
For any question regarding this training, please contact email@example.com
If you have technical issues with TEMBO, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
List of Contents
The 8 E-learning modules
will introduce you to the key concepts in Patient Support Education and
Counselling. The modules are:
- M1: Patient Support Education and Counselling definition
- M2: Communication skills (Part 1 and 2)
- M3: Step 1 - Patient’s Needs Assessment
- M4: Step 2 - Individually tailored PSEC session plan
- M5: Step 4 - Assessment and Adherence
- M6: Children and adolescents’ specificities
- M7: Disclosure for children
- M8: Preparing and animating a PSEC group session