معلومات عن الدورة التدريبية
This self-learning course covers the basic concepts and principles of electricity. This is a course designed by OCA but open for participants for other MSF OCs.
How to enrol
Self-enrolment and accessible to all staff in the movement.
A badge will be issued after the successful completion of the end module test questions.
Two live online sessions (3 hours) plus self-learning tasks before and after the live sessions (3-4 hours).
Assignment after the online session to make the link of the learning and application in their work place.
Who is this course for?
Maintenance people and new electricians that need a refresh of the basics of electricity. No pre-requirements to register for this module.
3-4 hours over multiple sessions (recommended)
By the end of this training, the participants should be able to;
- Calculate current, voltage and resistance in a circuit and recognise how these are related to each other
- Demonstrate (or ‘Explain in their own words’) how current, resistance and heat relate to each other
- Demonstrate how series circuits and parallel circuits functions
- Explain in their own words the differences between Alternating Current and Direct Current
This module covers the following topics:
- What is Electricity
- Current, voltage and resistance
- Series vs Parallel Circuits
- Alternating Current (AC) vs Direct Current (DC)
- Introduction to Power